Tied Quilt Cap-"Waste Not"
"Waste Not" cap in pinwheel and white quilt
- Waste Not caps are made from remaining scraps from each batch I make
- unstructured fit
- constructed from vintage quilt remnants
- stitched eyelets
- crushable: the brim is made from layers of denim which allows it be flipped, curled, or worn more traditionally.
- tied with olive drab cotton yarn
- custom covered top button
- twill tape covered seams
- premium nylon Crown & Buckle NATO adjustable strap
Each and every cap I make is cut & sewn be me in my home workshop (shed). I use vintage single needle Singer home sewing machines for the majority of the process, even the stitched eyelets. The fabrics I use are sometimes precious, sometimes humble, and always reclaimed. The sweatbands are sourced from the waistbands of old jeans while the inside of the brims comes from the pant legs. The fabric on the underside of the brims comes from old LL Bean Chamois shirts. The new materials I use are the thread, button assemblies, sizing strips, and the adjustable strap which is made from a Crown & Buckle brand Premium NATO watch strap.